Your partner, from start to finish.
As a specialist for thin-walled plastic packaging via the Weidenhammer acquisition, Sonoco supports you from the very beginning when it comes to developing your products. From the initial idea, to the 3-D animations and high-quality prototypes, we work together with you on the implementation your marketing concepts.
Barrier In-Mould Labeling (IML)
Sonoco now offers a new barrier injection moulded packaging solution for extended shelf life, available in a wide variety of shapes, including nestable options for efficient transport.
Barrier IML packaging combines robust product protection with trendsetting shelf appeal through eye-catching, full-body graphics. It offers a cost-effective alternative to metal and glass, and it provides a better moisture barrier than traditional multi-layer plastic packaging in a thin-walled package. Durable and lightweight, it's compatible with retort, hot-fill or gas-flush filling systems.
This offers you:
- Protection: Tests have shown a dramatically reduced water vapor transmission rate (WVTR) compared to standard monolayer polypropylene packaging -- an improvement of greater than 80%.
- Strength: The robust structure will survive the retort process.
- Shelf appeal: Access to superior graphics and branding via a label that covers more of your packaging's surface area.
- Efficiency: Choose a nestable design for supply chain optimization.
- Simplicity: IML packaging offers a high barrier delivered via a monolayer structure.
- Convenience: Lightweight and easy to open, packaging is ideal for on-the-go consumers.